My work

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Focus on Life: Week 20 "Looking Up"

As soon as I read the prompt for this week in our 52 week photo challenge, I knew what photos I would post. Sally Russick of The Studio Sublime gave us the prompt, "Looking up."


Last May in Northern California we had the pleasure of being able to see a partial eclipse of the sun.

 My husband Kirk, has lots of welding equipment so he passed out welding masks to everyone who came outside to view the eclipse.


 I was reminded of a 50's movie when I saw everyone standing motionless with their eyes transfixed at something in the sky.

It was a marvelous experienced to share with our neighbors.

I was so surprised at how long it lasted and really enjoyed the experience.
This photo was taken through the mask. The large reflection is not the sun.
The sun is the tiny light at the bottom left of the flash.
This photo clearly shows the partial eclipse at the lower left.
 It was taken by pointing the camera at the sky.
 
This is the eclipse reflection on the fence.



 

 
 
I am in constant awe
of nature and all the experiences and sights that we are privileged to be a part of.


Thank you, Lord.


Have a fantastic week!

Julie Panusis





No comments:

Post a Comment