My work

Thursday, June 27, 2013

More Artful Gathering with Riki Schumacher


I have made two more necklaces for my "Sweet Tweets" class with the online retreat, Artful Gathering. But before I show you the photos, I want to mention something about Google Reader.

If you use Google to read my blog or any blog I hope you already know that they are stopping Google Reader on Monday and you will no longer be able to use it.

I have no idea why Google made this decision but I recommend using Bloglovin. You can use my link or go to bloglovin.com and sign up. They will ask if you want to transfer any blogs from Google Reader. Simply follow the directions. It's easy peasy. To add new blogs to your list just go to the blog, copy their URL from the top left address block and go to bloglovin and put the address in the search box.

Now that the technical stuff is finished we can have fun.



 

 
 I made some more Nesties and this time used a brass fairy as a focal. It also tried to make my nests a little more substantial.
 
 
 
 I wanted a look that was a little like an enchanted garden so I used some flower and leaf beads that I got from The Curious Bead Shop with Rebecca Anderson at Etsy.
I'm in her club and get wonderful beads in the mail every month from England.

As you might have gathered, my favorite color is blue and I love the brown and champagne with it.







The next necklace I wanted to make was a Southwest look. I have lots of turquoise in various shapes and I found some red coral that I thought would look great.

I really like silver with turquoise so I made a mixed metal look with the copper Nestie.




I thought the Nestie looked a little empty so I added the three turquoise eggs and the silver wing.

I am very happy with the result and have worn it already.

I wanted to let you know that if you ever get to take a class with Riki Schumacher, do it. She is such a wonderful teacher and a darn nice person. Click here to go to her blog.



I hope you all have a productive week and happy creating.


Julie Panusis





No comments:

Post a Comment