My work

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

More BABE

Last Wednesday I was telling you about how much fun I had at the Bay Area Bead Extravaganza in Oakland. I said I would post more tomorrow. Well, tomorrow is here.

The next two people I saw when I went into the hall for lunch was Janice Berkebile and Tracy Stanley. Janice and Tracy are business partners and often travel together to teach at the different venues.

They are both wonderful teachers and each has a distinctive style. Their website is Wired Arts and tells all about these fabulous gals from the Pacific North West.


Janice and Julie on Halloween at Wire Masters
I first met them at Wire Masters Weekend when I took a class from Janice. The name of the class was Crown Jewels and I am so proud of the piece that I made. I have had many compliments. Unfortunately I can't find it now so I can only show you the example from the Class. Mine looks just like that only different. LOL


That same year I discovered BABE and got to take a class with Tracy. I learned how to work with metal and resin. Boy did I enjoy that. I made a pendant with a shell shaped bezel and filled it with tiny shells and sea weed and then resin. It was like being a kid again, hammering on metal and playing with bits and pieces.


My pendant "She Sells Sea Shells"
Tracy Stanley at BABE

 
Both gals helped me acquire a love of working with metals, especially copper and I really enjoy working with resin.
 
They have written an exceptional book and believe me I was one of the first to buy it. It is rated five stars at Amazon. The name of the book is: Making Wire & Bead Jewelry: Artful Wirework Techniques.
 
 
Both gals teach in jewelry stores, bead shows and have online classes with Beaducation. Do yourself a favor and check them out.
 
Well, I'm gone for now. I will see you again tomorrow.
 
 
 
Julie Panusis
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I loved taking both of their classes and it was especially fun sitting next to you in Janice's!

    ReplyDelete