My work

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Art-is You Retreats International Art Card Swap 2012

In April of this year I got an e-mail from Sallianne McClelland and Ellen Legare, the birth mothers of Art-is You Retreats that outlined an International Art Card Swap and asked if I would like to be the West Coast Coordinator of the Swap. What an honor. Of course I would!

There would be five coordinators:

Julie Panusis from Petaluma, California, for the West Coast, United States

Colleen Peck from Wilmington, Connecticut, for the East Coast, United States

Carol Cantrell for Australia

Margarida Alberty for Portugal

And someone in Kent, England (I'm sorry I didn't get a name)


This is my Crazy Quilt Card

Each person would send six cards to their closest coordinator by August and the coordinators sent everything to Colleen in Connecticut to be swapped. Then after the Art-is You Retreats in September, at Petaluma, CA and in October at Stamford, CT, the cards would be sent to the coordinators to be mailed back. 


I made this lace on my embroidery machine and used my hand made paper.

Last Monday, I received a box with all the cards to mail back to my people. I was so excited. I had 15 people including me that participated and I admit, I looked at all of the cards that we got back before I mailed them out on Tuesday.


Cat Kerr

There was not a bad card in the bunch. I mean they were all so unique and wonderful. I decided to scan a few of my favorites and share with everyone.


Judy Pitts
Vickie Jones











Paula Pike
Child's card from Australia
In Australia they even had a group of children make cards. They are fantastic. If only I could be as free with my art as children are.
This card said "Eddie 2 1/2"
on the back. Wow!

I should tell you that I am partial to the fiber art cards because I come from a background of fiber arts. I even made one that was a crazy quilt. LOL

The Art Retreats are already being planned for next year and the city of Nashville, Tennessee is being added to the US Retreats.


Kirk and I visited Nashville in 2010 and it was a blast. There is so much to do and see.


Best wishes for an artful holiday season,


Julie Panusis







4 comments:

  1. Yayyy Julie! Of course they'd ask you~~you are super creative and a doll. They're pretty smart! :-) Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaaa Shucks, Chris. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to sign up for this swap 1/2 dozen times and the site always came up with an error message. I even googled your name and was just going to send them to you but, figured that might be creepy. Just think of how many artists you would have had contact with, if it had worked! Are you going to be the West Coast coordinator for next year? I will try again. Hugs from Alaska, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherry,
    I am so sorry that happened to you. I would have loved to see your art. Are you on Facebook? I would love to have you friend me and post them or post them on the Art-is You Retreats web site.
    I don't know if they are going to do it next year but we could do our own swap.
    Have a great holiday.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete