My work

Friday, December 21, 2012

A Quick Post Before Christmas

I have been having withdrawal pains from not being able to post. I have been so busy as everyone is this time of year.

Kirk and I made 35 resin ornaments for his office co-workers and some friends. We made them with white dominoes, holiday pictures, resin and ribbon. I was so proud of how they came out and I forgot to photograph them. He is at his office party today and gave them out this morning. Oh well, I will have to find some more dominoes at another garage sale. The fun is in the looking.

I made a couple of gifts that came out quite well. One is a necklace that I designed that I really like. I was on a stone kick for awhile and bought a beautiful Kambaba Jasper pear shaped 45 mm by 45 mm stone. It sat in a box until I went searching for something green for my sister-in-law, Pam.

The Kambaba Jasper is made from petrified blue green algae that is about three billion years old. It is supposed to calm you. I designed the necklace with the clasp in the front to add interest and added my sister-in-laws favorite thing, a palm tree. What could be more relaxing?








I also made some winter earrings for my Mother-in-law, June. She loves silver so they have a ice theme going on.

 
I also wanted to show you what I did with the pin I made for Kirk's boss. I was having trouble with the brass that I soldered. When I pickled it, the copper in the brass came to the top and gave it an orange tint that I didn't like. I was told to pickle it again with peroxide in the pickle. That helped but it still wasn't what I wanted.

I made the pin in conjunction with the Artisian Whimsy Metal Prong Challenge. The exercise was to see if I could solder pins to brass and I did but it was trial and error so I learned a lot.

I decided to patina it with black and then polish it back to the brass color and I like it a lot better.

The last thing I wanted to share was the mask that Kirk made for his boss, Sunnie. It was quite different and I love it.

 
Have a wonderful holiday!
 
 
Julie Panusis

2 comments:

  1. You and your hubby have been busy bees! Wow! Hope your Christmas is blessed my friend~ You are a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to you and family, Chris.
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete