My work

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Art Jewelry Elements Earring Challenge

Today is the First Reveal!


I have joined the Art Jewelry Elements Earring Challenge and today, January 20, 2013, is the first time we are to show what we made so far.

The idea is to make one pair of earrings a week this year. That is great for me as I tend to shy away from earrings. I think it is because you have to make two of the same thing. I have a real hard time duplicating something I have made.

I know, it's practice, practice, practice!


 I made these earrings from steel beads that I opened and enameled using Barbara Lewis' Painting with Fire method. I added black seed beads, 8 mm glass disks and handmade sterling silver ear wires.













I made these earrings with 20 gauge sterling silver wire for the base and the twisted wire bead is 22 gauge sterling. They are great for winter.






Well, Kirk and I are in the Florida Keys now so this post will be short. We got some great photos snorkeling today at Grecian Reef out of Key Largo. I will share them later. 




Have a wonderful Sunday!

Julie Panusis

8 comments:

  1. Love the earrings Julie! I can really relate to not having to make two of the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your lampworking. I have not ventured there. I do fusing.

      Your earrings are just wonderful.
      Julie

      Delete
  2. Well, you are off to a great start! I don't know that I could stick to a commitment like that for that long.
    Oh - and I love the "That was Zen, This is Meow." Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, Heidi, I don't see how you would have time for one more thing. Keep doing what you do. You are fantastic.
      Julie

      Delete
  3. So glad we are doing this challenge together! Looking forward to all the beautiful earrings you will be creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kumi, I am so proud of you. You got featured right away. You are the best. I really love your creation.
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. Fabulous earrings! "That was Zen, this is meow" hahahaaaa. You are a joy my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you Chris.
      I asked Cat if she was really your sister and she got a good laugh out of that. You are so funny.

      Delete