My work

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Celebrations

This is the best time of the year


Not only do you get to celebrate the year that is ending by giving thanks on Thanksgiving but you have Christmas which is always festive and a time to think about everything for which you are grateful. Then there is New Years celebrations. It's a time to regroup and start things anew.

We were lucky enough to also have some birthday celebrations mixed in. It doesn't take much of an excuse for me to want to have a party. So I thought I would share a couple we had in December in addition to Christmas.


On December 9, I hosted a Christmas party/hands on class for my Metal Clay Group. We had food and played the gift exchange game and then sat down at the table and made resin pendants. My friend, Judy Pagnusat, showed how to use the UV resin and then I showed how to make pendants with Ice Resin. We had a great time and there were lots of unique pendants made. Fun was had by all. LOL
left to right: Donna, Julie, Mary Neuer Lee, Chris, Marian, 
Catherine, and Judy 

We also had a Play Date on December 22 with four of our friends and celebrated both of the woman's birthdays. Sandy Gecs is a friend I met in Seattle in the 1980's and have kept in touch with. She and her husband, Joe, moved to Morgan Hill and we get to see them a few times a year now. Sandy's birthday is December 14.

Left to right: Judy, Jerry, Kirk, Sandy and Joe

Judy Pagnusat is a friend I met in January of last year through the San Francisco Bay Area Metal Clay Group. Judy and I have been taking classes together and having Studio Play Days since we met. What fun to have someone close that likes the same things you do. Judy and her husband, Jerry, live about six miles from us. Judy's birthday is December 30.


They each got their favorite cake. Judy got cheese cake
and Sandy got chocolate.

We are extremely grateful for our friends.






















Happy New Year
Julie Panusis

No comments:

Post a Comment