My work

Monday, April 1, 2013

Earring Challenge Reveal 6 Weeks 11-12

It's time again for the reveal of the earrings I have made in the last two weeks for the Art Jewelry Elements Challenge.

I must tell you that this is the last week I will be participating in this particular challenge. I decided when I signed up that I would only be able to do this for one quarter and that time has arrived. I have lots of things on my plate for the rest of the year so I knew I would be unable to keep up.

The first pair of earrings was made from enameled United States pennies. You have to use pre-1982 pennies because they are made of copper. If you try using other pennies you get quite a surprise. They melt right before your eyes. It is quite a shock. Ask me how I know, LOL.

I enameled them with white opaque first and then placed some millefiore glass pieces on top and then sprinkled it with Robin's Egg blue. Then I made hoops with miscellaneous blue, white and gold crystals and seed beads and finished the earrings with gold ear wires.


I made the next pair of earrings from fine silver Metal Clay which I stamped with a rubber stamp and enameled with translucent enamels to give it a water color effect.

I then added a yellow/gold crackle bead and a pale blue 4mm Swarovski crystal to highlight the colors in the enamel. They are finished using 20 gauge silver wire and silver ear wires.

The beautiful crackle beads were in a group of beads given to me by Cheryl McCloud last year when we were matched for the Pantone Fall/Winter Color Bead Swap.


Some of my beads from Cheryl McCloud




These are only a few of the beads sent to me by Cheryl McCloud. The crackle bead appears on the far left of the plate.


Both pairs of earrings that I made this time were influenced by the fact that we are having a beautiful spring here in the San Francisco Bay Area.


 
Happy Spring to everyone!
 
Julie Panusis

2 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the pennies:) so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both earrings are perfect for spring! Love the colors and designs Julie!

    ReplyDelete